Delve deeper into wine discovery, if you are a wine lover, enthusiast or expert, then this is your tour! Tim Jackson MW will guide you through the vineyards and wineries of Santorini and Crete. The 7-day trip is packed full with master-classes, wine tastings, learning, gastronomy and exploration.
Click on the Inquire button and we'll keep you updated.
1 - 7 September 2019
- Welcome to Santorini,
- Pick up from the airport and transfer to a 5-star hotel (located in walking distance of caldera views),
- That evening we view the world famous Santorini sunset as we have a wine masterclass and dinner on a luxury catamaran.
- Marathon wine tasting to 4 wineries,
- Wine masterclass and farm-to-table lunch,
- Free night to explore the town.
- Visit the ancient city of Akrotiri escorted by a professional guide,
- We then take a sea kayak excursion to see Santorini from views that few have done,
- Wine tasting and farm-to-table lunch,
- Departure to Crete (1st class tickets),
- Check-in to a 5-star hotel in Heraklion,
- Free night to explore Heraklion’s city centre (walking distance from your hotel).
- We start by exploring Heraklion’s wine region by visiting and tasting 3 wineries,
- Wine masterclass and Cretan lunch in a local Taverna,
- Later the same evening, wine masterclass paired with an organic dinner made from old and ancient recipes.
- Breakfast and check out from the hotel in Heraklion,
- Guided tour of the famous Palace of Knossos.
- On the way to Chania, we explore the Venetian old town of Rethymno,
- Wine masterclass and Mezzeh lunch,
- Check into a 5-star hotel in Chania,
- Free night to explore the beautiful harbour town of Chania.
- Escape to Chania’s wine region by visiting a winery and it’s vineyards accompanied by a wine tasting,
- Meet a famous Greek ceramist in his studio, where we will also have a wine masterclass paired with a traditional lunch prepared by a Cretan mama,
- Later that evening we have our goodbye wine tasting and gourmet dinner at the port of the old town on Chania.
- Farewell breakfast.
- Transfer to the airport.
Please be sure to arrive at Santorini no longer than 15:00
Summer clothing with light jacket for the evenings.
Swimming suits, sport shoes, hat, sunglasses walking shoes
Easy - Intermediate
With extra supplement for single use applies.
Wine Guide: Tim Jackson MW assisted by Iro Koliakoudakis, Sommelier, WSET Diploma level.
Adults Only Tour.
This tour is fully guided.
Tickets to and from Greece are not included.
All transports are included.
Crete Wine Escapes reserves the right to make changes if unforeseen events, such as weather conditions arise.