The region of Heraklion is the largest wine region of Crete where most wineries are located and holds the biggest number of Protected Denominations of Origin for winemaking.
Hop on board of our van for this exciting wine tour, where you will dive into the world of Cretan indigenous grapes and explore some of the region’s most beautiful sceneries and vineyards. You will visit two authentic Cretan wineries, their vineyards and cellar and learn about their story, tradition, and philosophy.
After the full wine tasting at the first winery, you will indulge in an amazing wine and food pairing lunch experience at the second winery, with a typical Cretan lunch prepared for you by a local taverna. We will pick you up and drop you off with the other guests at a central meeting point, GDM Megaron Hotel, in Heraklion City Center.
Included in this tour
- Visit 2 wineries, their vineyard, and facilities
- Taste a total of 11 wines
- Taste 6 wines at the first winery with homemade organic olive oil and rusks
- Privately guided wine pairing experience with 5 wines and 5 traditional dishes
- Pickup and drop-off from a central meetingpoint (GDM Megaron Hotel parking)
- Private wine guide for professional commentary
- All fees, taxes and insurances
10:00 a.m. Pick up at GDM Megaron Hotel in Heraklion
Private tour available on request
Tour available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (from April to October)
Transportation charges may vary if pick up location is more than 10km from the centre of Rethymno
Warm clothes for Spring and Autumn.
Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses for Summer.
Comfortable walking shoes.
Requires some walking
Please email us for an offer of 8 people or more
Corporate tours also available
Gift Vouchers available upon request