The tour’s first stop is the historic Holy Monastery of St. Irene, located on the north side of the foot of mount Vrisinas, on top of a rocky hill. Let the nuns show you around their home, the chapels, the museum and the workshops where they create icons and arts. You will then be served a delicious traditional Cretan breakfast they will prepare especially for you.
After a picturesque drive through the mountains, you will meet the winemaker and follow her and her guides through a passionate explanation from the vineyard to the bottle. The complete winemaking process is happening in this brand new family winery, and you will learn all of the secrets and techniques used to transform a grape into the beautiful wine they serve. You will be guided through a commented wine tasting of 5 different wines served with homemade olive oil and rusks.
Included in this tour
- Visit 1 Monastery, meet the nuns and enjoy a guided tour of the premises.
- Breakfast at the monastery: dakos, Cretan sweet bread or Cretan pie, tomatoes, olives, fruits, water and your choice of Greek coffee or tea.
- Professional Commentary
- Visit 1 winery, taste 5 wines with Cretan rusk and olives.
- Enjoy a coffee at a local taverna before driving back to the hotel.
- Cotton tote bag as a gift.
- Complementary bottled water.
- Pick up and drop-off from a central meeting point.
- Our warmest hospitality
10:00 a.m. Pick up from CreteWine Escapes Office, Rethymno
Tour available on Fridays and Saturdays (from April to Otcober)
To respect the sanctity of the monastery, please dress modestly. A good general rule is to cover down to knees and cover the shoulders.
Warm clothes for Spring and Autumn.
Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses for Summer.
Comfortable walking shoes.
Requires some walking
Private Tours available upon request
Please email us for an offer of 9 people or more
Corporate tours available
Gift Vouchers available upon request