The tour’s first stop is the historic Holy Monastery of St. Irene, located on the north side of the foot of mount Vrisinas, on top of a rocky hill. Let the nuns show you around their home, the chapels, the museum and the workshops where they create icons and arts.
You will then be served a delicious traditional Cretan breakfast they will prepare especially for you.
After a picturesque drive to the family owned Kourkoulou Winery (winery visited depends on availability), you will learn about viticulture and the winemaking process, and taste 5 of their amazing wines. On the way back, you will enjoy a traditional Cretan mezze lunch in a local taverna, paired with one exclusive bottle of our own wine label Demitrion.
Included in this tour
- Visit 1 Monastery, meet the nuns and enjoy a guided tour of the premises.
- Breakfast at the monastery: dakos, Cretan sweet bread or Cretan pie, tomatoes, olives, fruits, water and your choice of Greek coffee or tea.
- Professional Commentary
- Visit 1 winery, taste 5 wines with Cretan rusk and olives.
- Cretan mezze lunch in a local taverna.
- Complementary bottled water.
- Pick up and drop-off from your place of stay (if within 10km from the center of Rethymno).
- No other guests on the tour.
- All fees, insurance and taxes
10:00 a.m. pick up from your place of stay (if within 10km of the center of Rethymno).
Tour available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (from April to October)
To respect the sanctity of the monastery, please dress modestly. A good general rule is to cover down to knees and cover the shoulders.
Warm clothes for Spring and Autumn.
Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses for Summer.
Comfortable walking shoes.
Requires some walking
Please email us for an offer of 8 people or more
Corporate tours available
Gift Vouchers available upon request